Moment Of Silence

Friday, January 24, 2014


MOMENT OF SILENCE

            Time may be very unfair to us. Challenges come not during the times when we are too strong; they usually enter our door when we are too weak to face it. I used to sit down in a corner and think of a thing that makes me happy. I always earn a smile from it. I’m wondering if I could still be able to bring it back twenty years from now. Could I still wear that smile and produce those wonderful sounds of laugh trips?
            One afternoon, when I was about to go home from school, I looked at the mountains in front of me. I wonder how high it is. Can I reach the top of it? Or I’d just became wondered of how high those mountains are? It was then that something went inside of me. Something I can’t tell you of what it is. It destructed me from that afternoon till in the late of the night. I can’t put myself on the things that I was about to do. I played the softest music I have. Different thoughts are rushing into the deepest part of my brain. Until those thoughts reached my heart. I think I was slapped by a certain thing.
            I turned off the lights and closed my eyes. I began to set myself free from any destruction. I began to make my mind think of nothing. Then I found myself crying.  I found myself kneeling down into Him, embracing His feet full of blood. I don’t know why I’m embracing His feet, it was like, I’m begging into Him. Then He held his hand into my shoulder and tapped it. It made me cry heavier. I don’t know what He is telling me. But I heard a line coming from Him. “You are my son, you are a sinner but I do forgive you because I love you…” He said, smiling towards me.
            Then my eyes opened, I was shocked with what happened. I can’t utter any word that time. I remain silent for how many minutes. After then, I faced myself in the mirror. It was then that I realized that it is a MOMENT OF SILENCE that I need; a prayerful moment. I am becoming a person full of sin, a person who can’t even make a time to pray and thank Him. I could just remember Him when I’m in a great need. I couldn’t even think of those blessings that comes every day. Instead, I do become doubtful of Him. I always asks Him, “why me?”.

            It was indeed a fantastic reminder. A reminder that made me realized of my entire shortcoming into Him. I became the most unfaithful son. But it isn't still too late. I could still be the best follower I can be. And I can reach the top of the mountains that I saw with Him. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Blogger templates